In which not much has happened because I’ve been ill
I’m so glad this week is over. I became ill on Thursday after eating something that disagreed with me and have not really felt right since, even now on Sunday I’m still not 100% but I’ve improved a lot. I managed some lessons on Saturday but after lunch I decided that I couldn’t do anymore, plus I really didn’t fancy doing our story reading promotion in the park, so Phil had to take over. Some good photos though:
I’ve been taking some random photos around the city this week. I’ve noticed some crazy things, but remember it’s China so their crazy to us is their totally normal.
A water bottle:
A grandma riding a BMX:
Chinese fruit pastilles:
I went to see my first movie in China, which is ridiculous seeing as I’ve been here for almost 15 months now. I went on Tuesday with my friend Sophie to see Total Recall. It wasn’t too bad, as far as I can remember, the last film I saw at the cinema was Harry Potter – The Deathly Hallows, Part 2. I was lucky as the film was still in English, they just put the Chinese subtitles on at the bottom though and I actually didn’t notice them to be honest! Also, I’m excited beause Skyfall is coming at the end of the month!:
I updated on Wednesday with my MSN post, so at least I’ve hit two check ins this week!
1. I will continue to attempt to post once a day – I didn’t do too badly. I posted a new page, Where I’ve Been. As I say, it’s not the most exciting of maps, but I’m aiming to improve it over the next few years! I also posted an interview with Agness about working at a public school in China.
2. I will make a better attempt at commenting on people’s work – Yes. I did visit, but can’t remember if I commented. I think I’m going to do it after Sunday check-ins only, as Monday I have a day off and much more time to browse everyone’s sites.
3. I will spend time on my website, not just on content but SEO wise and making sure it is more legible for new readers – With traffic this week, mainly due to the MSN post, I’m now averaging over 50 hits a day thanks to the SEO work I’ve done, so I’m pretty pleased with that! I’ve also worked on Feedburner, on the right hand side of the page, but any ideas where else I should be putting this?! Also, I’m really happy as my post on finding an English school got retweeted by English First, one of the companies I mention!
4. I will attempt to use Twitter with #ROW80/#wordmongering much more – I love #wordmongering! It’s so motivational and I really work well when using it to write, although writing fact based chapters takes a bit more time which means less words at a check in… but it works for me! Please keep visiting the #wordmongering forum and the ROW80 Fitness page too!
5. Work on my part of a chapter of the WIP every week – So I added over 2000 words to it on Tuesday, and another 700 over the next two days, but my illness has put that a little on hold. I’ll resume tomorrow quite probably.
I promise something of more substance this week when I have my strength and patience back!