In which I finally check in on time for ROW80
That’s right folks, I’ve finally submitted a ROW80 check-in on time. Who knew I could do that?!
I think a little recap is in order:
Round 4 goals
1. I will continue to attempt to post once a day - OK, this has been a little slow off the mark. I did warn you I was going on holiday though. At least I have a backlog of Vietnam posts to write though, (First impression of Ho Chi Minh City, A day with Vietnamese volunteers, the Mekong Delta and Cu Chi Tunnels posts).
2. I will make a better attempt at commenting on people’s work - I am trying, promise! I am visiting people, greatly helped by the Facebook ROW80 group too, but I need to comment more.
3. I will spend time on my website, not just on content but SEO wise and making sure it is more legible for new readers - I am working with my friend tomorrow to see what else I can do to jazz my site up, so expect a couple of cosmetic changes, maybe
4. I will attempt to use Twitter with ROW80 much more - Really bad at this. I must use Twitter more, not only for ROW80, but for my blog as a whole too.
Overall, I’d say an average effort so far. Must try harder!
Most of you lovely ROW80-ers have Works in progress (WIP) that you are making sure you add to. I’m just a humble blogger, trying to keep my content fresh daily… Until now: I finally have a WIP to be working on! A couple of friends, Agness and Cez, and I are collaborating on something for people who want to follow in our shoes to China. It will require a lot of work and as we’re writing together, a lot of emails flying here, there and everywhere but I know it’s going to be awesome. So now I need to add a new goal to my ROW80 challenge:
5. Work on my part of a chapter of the WIP every week - As we’re writing together, we’re doing it in a circle. I’ll write something, I’ll send it to Agness to check and add to it, who’ll send it on to Cez, who’ll finally send it back to me for a final check. Then that means the chapter is mostly finished, hopefully!
This has gone well, I’m just about to send a couple of chapters right now in fact!
If anyone has ever attempted something like this, writing with co-authors, then words of advice are more than welcome as we’re all newbies to this.
Wish us luck!